Perte de Signal :: Rustines | Lab (Montréal, Canada)
Open call – Open Source research residency
*December 1st :: Open Source research Residency :: Rustines|Lab*
Workshop, residency centre, and venue for dissemination, Rustines|Lab is a creative research-creation lab dedicated to supporting media arts, new media, and audio art projects. The lab’s primary purpose is to provide our community with a place to connect with various actors and
practitioners in both local and international contemporary art scenes. It is also devoted to providing emerging artists with production spaces,
technical resources, and programs for research-creation to assist in the production of performance and installation projects.
The purpose of this program is to assist in the development of an Open Source or Open Hardware project targeting the media arts milieu. It is addressed as much to artists as to programmers and electronic engineers who are developing one or more open source tools, either locally or internationally. The program will assist them for a specific duration in development of the project. The residency will conclude with a public
presentation of the tool developed, in lecture or workshop form. The artist or programmer will receive a fee, along with access to spaces and
equipment at Rustines | Lab.
* To have a media art practices (new media, film, audio art, video) or/and in computer programming or/and electronics.
* To develop software or hardware tools distributed under Open source licenses.
*Selection Criteria *
* Relevance of the project for the Open source development for the media arts community.
* The artistic or/and technical merit of the applicant(s).
* A résumé and a biography;
* An artist statement;
* Audiovisual support material: Website or DVD.
* The residency lasts from 3 to 6 weeks;
* The residency will take place in 2010;
* An 1750$ artist fees is provided;
* A 300$ production budget is available;
* The resident will have full access to the Rustines | Lab;
* The resident will have access to the Lab equipment;
* Exceptionally, the project can be produce at distance;
* For this year, the centre will not participate in the accommodation or transportation of the resident (if, applicable).
*Deadline: December, 1st, 2009.*
Application may be individual or collective.
Further information request and submission should be address to email@example.com
Additional support material should follow by regular mail. Application may be submitted either in French or English
*Perte de Signal*
2244, rue Larivière
Montréal, Qc, H2K 4P8